Saturday, January 29, 2011

Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (Part 2)

If you missed it, Part 1 can be found here.

As mentioned in the first part, this shoot was done entirely on film. As I went through the process of having to go to a photo lab to develop and scan the two rolls of film, I couldn’t help but lament the inconveniences of film. Yet there is something distinctively satisfying about shooting with film. Good thing I’ve decided to hang on to my F6, I guess.

 

10.12.20 - Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (41)

Workers on the tracks examining the Orient Express train.

 
 
10.12.20 - Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (42)

Seats for waiting passengers just outside the platform. You can see how aged they are.

 
 
10.12.20 - Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (43)

Some of the shops at the station. I peered into Quick Baggage and found that they are apparently still in operation. Not sure what they do though…

 
 
10.12.20 - Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (65)

A man drinking his morning teh in the station’s main hall. He turned away when he saw me approaching, unfortunately.

 
 
10.12.20 - Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (68)

Some graffiti on the station’s wall.

 
 
10.12.20 - Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (69)

There is a resting area with bunk beds inside the station. I’m not sure who stays here, but I’m guessing that the lodging is fairly cheap.

 
 
10.12.20 - Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (70)

A row of pay phones in the station. Always a treat to see these in Singapore – so many people here own mobile phones that they are very rare to find these days.

 
 
10.12.20 - Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (72)

Not a great shot, but thought I should include a shot of the station’s exterior. This was the only time I wished I had a wider lens – namely my AIS 28m f2.8 – on me that morning. (I only had the 35mm that morning.)

 

After I got home that day, I went online to check out more information about the eateries at the station. I was just a little puzzled whether many Singaporeans visit the place for food. According to some blogs I came across, the satay there is supposedly quite good. But there are differing opinions on that, so I shall probably give it a miss.

No comments: