Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Something a little different for a change – I’m writing about the police and kids.

Have you seen the latest Singapore Police Force commercials? I happened to see one of them on TV the other day, and Joanne pointed out that she and her female colleagues recently crowded around one computer swooning over this particular one for ten minutes:

For more, you can go to the Singapore Police Force Facebook page or their YouTube channel  for the rest of the 2011 recruitment drive vids.

Coincidentally, I was actually planning to write a post about something I’d spotted a month ago during my visit to the National Museum, and it’s related to the police as well.

There was this activity corner on the second storey, where kids were invited to draw out their personal hopes and vision for Singapore, and put it up as part of an interactive exhibition. And one common thread I found was that many of kids wanted to be policemen and women when they grow up!

 
DSC_8626
 
 
DSC_8618
 
DSC_8619
 
DSC_8620
 
DSC_8621
 

There were also some really random ones like these:

DSC_8625

DSC_8637

 

And the complete picture…

DSC_8649

There were many children when I was there, as even though it was during the June school holidays. I suppose it was partly because it was a weekday and many parents had to go to work.

 
DSC_8641

So, what are you drawing, kids?

 

No comments: