Monday, January 25, 2010

Jan's end

The first month of 2010 is coming to an end, but I have yet to take single picture!

But there are two highlights this month.

The first is a blog post on Straits Times's website. I wrote about travelling in Cambodia and helping the under-privileged. You can read it here.

It's actually not so much about the photos -- they are just there to break the monotony of words. But interestingly, by some bizzare coincidence, I took all the shots that could be used for it in B&W. Anyway it was a joy to write and I'm very encouraged by some of the feedback so far.

The second is that my story about travelling in the Amalfi Coast in Italy is coming on tomorrow, Jan 26 (Tuesday) in ST Life!, together with some of my pictures. やった!I was hoping for a two-page spread but I guess a full page is a good starter. I'm already thinking of my next project...

This may be a good year, in terms of my real work at the office. I hope the good fortune continues...

09.12.15b - Ektar (03)
 Sunset, viewed from Phnom Bakheng, northwest of Angkor Wat.
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

No comments: