Monday, June 1, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 26

May 17, the day I had a real Italian Sunday lunch. My adopters of the previous day, Ida and Enzo, invited us over to their place for lunch with their family and friends, and I just couldn't refuse. They picked me up from my hostel at around noon, and brought us around Piazza Plebiscito and then the Lungomare for a great view of the Bay of Naples, with Vesuvius in the background. After that, we headed over to their home, somewhere near the Capodimonte quarters. The building facade looked like a typical residential block in Naples:

Photobucket

Photobucket

But the inside was anything but shabby! In fact, the interior was beautiful and far more spacious than I'd expected!

It was a long lunch, and I can't quite remember what we talked about that day. I do remember that the food was great... we were watching Napoli play against Turino on TV (Napoli eventually lost 2-1)... Enzo and I teamed up formidably in a few games of table football in his room against Paolo and Alexis... I learnt how to do the proper Italian way of greeting...

I was glad I went. Some pictures from the afternoon:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(My photo of the day!)

Photobucket

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

Many thanks to Ida, Enzo, their parents, Luca, Paolo, Rossella, Pepe and the others for a great afternoon.

No comments: