Monday, June 15, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 32

May 23, off to Naples again. Tried to leave early enough for Naples, so that I could visit the Certosa di San Martino, a monastery that supposedly offers the best views of the city. Unfortunately, I lingered in my hostel for a little too long in the afternoon, and by the time I reached there, I think the balconies overlooking the bay of Naples and Mt Vesuvius were already closed (even though it was not time to close. It's an Italian thing.) Tried to do some shopping after that, but didn't manage to find anything I liked. Looks like I have to count on Rome, my final stop in Italy.

In the morning before I left, I asked the owner of my guesthouse, the excellent Casa Giovanni da Procida for a quick portrait. This is my photo of the day.

Photobucket

On my way to the port to catch my ferry, I passed by the hunting club's clubhouse, and took a quick shot of that.

Photobucket

And when I was in Naples, I finally took a picture of the Castel Nuovo, one of the most striking buildings in the city.

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

It was a low-energy day, and I suspected the following day would be the same.

No comments: