Monday, June 15, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 31

May 22, another breezy day in Procida. Sent R to Marina Grande in the morning, as she was heading off to Rome first. Took a walk over to Marina Corricella again for a morning stroll, because the morning light will make it better to shoot the port than yesterday evening. I then retreated to my room for breakfast, and then stayed there till evening, reading, photo-editing and sleeping. Headed out in the evening somewhat reluctantly, and I went out mainly to buy stamps and maybe a watermelon (didn't get it in the end though).

The only thing I brought with me was my 60mm, and it was somewhat liberating to not have to lug a camera bag around for once. Somehow, I ended up at Marina Grande again (it's really a small island, you see) and caught perhaps the most beautiful sunset of the trip.

Some catches of the day:

Photobucket
There is a big garden in my guesthouse, Casa Giovanni da Procida, where the owner grows lemons, oranges and other fruits.

Photobucket
A grumpy-looking old man at the window, somewhere in town. I asked for a picture, and surprisingly, he didn't say no!

Photobucket
Sunset at Marina Grande.

Photobucket
Members of the hunting club in Procida. Gaming season won't be here till August, but that doesn't stop them from meeting up every evening to chat and reminesce.

But the catch of the day would be this on, taken at Marina Corricella in the morning:

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

I will be quite sad to leave this place and its tranquility behind tomorrow...

4 comments:

Joan said...

Hey Dear,
Procida has a unique charm to it.
You took so many lovely pictures here!

Amongst the members of the hunting club....which is the photographer?

Unknown said...

Heh thanks!

The photographer is the guy in the blue long-sleeve shirt in front.

Caitlyn said...

i love the sunset photo! really beautiful :)

Unknown said...

hi thanks for the comment caitlyn. how did you chance upon my blog?