Friday, April 24, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 1

It was certainly a long flight -- the longest I've been on so far anyway. It was thus a major relief to finally meet Rita at Schiphol Airport on Apr 22. I was initially confused about the time zone because I didn't expect the Netherlands to be on Daylight Savings Time. It's still a rather foreign concept to me, actually.

Anyway, as soon as I settled into my lodgings at Rita's place (her landlord was kind enough to let me sleep in the study) we went to the famous Keukenhof, the world's biggest flower garden that is only open from March to May annually. And we effectively spent the whole day in that beautiful place.

Anyway I was the only person I saw walking around with an SB800 mounted on tripod and an SU800 mounted on camera. Despite all that, it was not easy taking good photos... I wasn't happy with most of the pictures I took that day and on the whole, the portraits I took of Rita and her friend were my favourite shots of the day. But the last couple of the hours produced a few surprises, such as the photo of the day:

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

What you see behind are tulip fields. The colours of the tulips in the background, together with the water and greenery in the foreground, somewhat made up the full spectrum of the rainbow.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Hey Dear,
that picture is really interesting, are the shrubs reflected in the water the same as those in the foreground?

Hope you've gotten used to DST...will this be the case in Italy too?

Will tag the food photos on facebook soon.Oh and some of the photos we took for the BBQ last night :)

Luv,
Joan

Unknown said...

Hey :)
Thanks, heh. Yep you're right, the shrubs are reflected in the water.

From what I've heard, it's gonna be the same in Italy too! Somehow this didn't turn up in my research... :/

Looking forward to your pics! :)

Love,
ZW