Thursday, April 30, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 2

April 23, spent walking around in Leiden, where I was staying. It's a small university town with quite a few canals, and perfect for an afternoon walk.

Especially if you come across a bright red sofa on a boat like this:

Photobucket

Set up the SB800 on a coffee table in front of the sofa and put my camera on tripod. After a few test shots I decided to hop into the photo to make it more interesting. Tried it without diffuser and zoomed out to 105 first before deciding to use the diffuser instead. Taken with my Tokina 12-24mm f/4. Final shot:

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

The sunlight was less harsh by the time I changed to the diffuser though, which made the colours in the background relatively muted as compared to the test shots. Sofa was a little too big for just one person though...

Anyhow, hope to get more interesting portraits for the rest of my trip!

No comments: