Thursday, April 30, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 4

April 25, was off to Maastricht, the oldest town in the Netherlands. Was planning to go to Bruges but according to weather reports it was raining that day, so change of plans. It was a very cloudy day in Maastricht, but at least it didn't rain.

Took this in the middle of a busy street, of Rita and her friend Vicky:

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

I didn't have my ND filters with me, but I did bring along my GND so that's all I could use. Closed the aperture to f/22 and pushed down the ISO to 100 to get the slowest aperture possible for a proper exposure.

Always wanted to take a shot like this back in Waseda University, where there is a street that is often jammed with students during the intervals between lessons. Which was why I bought my ND filters in the first place! But I never got down to it though. And this time, when I had an occasion to use them, I didn't have them. Oh well.

No comments: