Friday, April 3, 2009

Last day of school

I was literally counting down the months, then weeks, then days... and then it came. The last of school (the exams don't count). I was dreading this day because I'd always enjoyed school life, and I strongly suspect I won't enjoy worklife as much, esp. since I am still undecided on what I really want to do with my life. School was a sanctuary where you have certain prescribed goals to meet while having sufficient free time to pursue and explore whatever interests you have.

Worklife... is an open book, and it scares me.

Anyway, I shall have more to say about that next time, I believe.

All that said, I think I spent my last term very fruitfully - in fact it had been a blast. Mainly because I finally joined my university photography club and took part in many activities, from photo trails to studio shoots and talks by well-known professionals. In a way, it rekindled my passion for photography and I think I need to thank all the great people I've met in the club (shall not name them here though!). And oh, I barely did any studying throughout the term too, which meant I had lots of free time.

Pizza
SMUSAIC Pizza Chain

To end off the term, the club organised a simple gathering with pizza and drinks, after which we headed down to a gig held by the school rock band club. We didn't quite join the crowd to chill out to the music though - most of us were busy circling the stage and shooting pictures!

Two of my favourite shots of the night:

Starry Night 1

Starry Night 2

Both were taken with my Nikon AFS 10.5mm fisheye!

2 comments:

Jas said...

LOVE the purple lights one! :)

Have fun on your grad trip Zhao! Looking forward to your pics!

Lim said...

JOHN WAS HERE.

Yes, Starry Night was awesome, too bad that was your first and last (officially being a student). We can always hijack it at the next one!!

Hope you're doing good in Europe. Ciao bello!

John