Friday, April 10, 2009

ニコンSU800、登場!!!

After a week of reading through Joe McNally's excellent new book, "The Hot Shoe Diaries", I was convinced that I needed to take my SB800 off camera... and fast! Given that my D40X does not have any built-in commander function, the only ways to do that were:
  1. Buy another SB800 (if it's even still available anywhere)
  2. Buy an SB900 (a huge leap from the 480 I spent on my SB800)
  3. Buy an SU800 (highly recommended by Joe McNally)
  4. Buy an el cheapo ebay remote flash trigger (that means manual control all the way)
So in the end, I narrowed down to getting an SU800 and posted on the Clubsnap forum. I'd given up hope of finding a seller until someone texted me the other day, and the deal was sealed after some haggling and some further hesitation on my part. Agreed price: 400SGD. Sounds reasonable enough to me... though I was hoping for even lower.

When I get it from the seller tomorrow, it marks another milestone in my photographic journey, I think. I can finally use my SB800 as it was intented to be used, and hopefully some good things can come out of that.

No comments: