Saturday, April 11, 2009

Turkish restaurant

Bought my SU800 second hand today, and headed down to Shaw Tower to look for a good backpack for my graduation trip. And I stumbled upon Sofra Turkish Cafe & Restaurant.

Turkish food has a special place in my stomach heart. I'd only tried one Turkish restaurant in Singapore, at Holland Village. But it left such an impression on me even though I don't remember exactly what I had that fateful day. Something to do with eggplant puree and bread. And the restaurant seemingly closed soon after, probably because few people dare venture in.

Anyway I was alone that day, so was a little hesitant in forking out more than a few bucks for lunch, but the allure/prospects of rediscovering a new Turkish food haunt was too great. So I stepped in and chose a dish (maybe the only one) with "eggplant" in it: the Sofra Musakka:

Sofra Musakka
Taken at f/8, 1/100sec, ISO400 with Micro-Nikkor AFS 60mm f/2.8.
SU800 on D40X, SB800 on remote to camera right in manual 1/64 with diffuser on.


It was supposed to be "Oven baked eggplant served with rice" and there's a choice of beef/lamb and chicken. I instinctively had beef/lamb. To make the story short, the food was great (and very filling). The Turkish apple tea which I had was also quite refreshing, though nothing really special. The prices were quite reasonable too. Bottomline? I will definitely be back!

This was the first time I shot with the SU800, and the results look promising. Controlling the flash output on the SU800 was a breeze even without reading the manual. I hope this signals more interesting times to come.

1 comment:

Sophia said...

Awesome lookingggg.
Dinner together soon!