Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 14

May 5, to the Colosseum and Palatine Hill! Both places need little introduction. I wasn't sure what type of pictures to take of these places, since they are both well-photographed by the millions who go there annually, but here's one of the Colosseum. I do try not to forget I'm a tourist too. :p

Photobucket

We took an English tour of both places, which is certainly recommended if you want oto learn more about the history of the sites. Unfortunately, it rained that afternoon, which made the Palatine Hill tour much less exciting. But we got to see this:

Photobucket

The rain did stop later in the afternoon, after the tour had finished, and I took my photo of the day as we walked about the Palatine Hill grounds:

Photobucket

I have yet to find out the name of this type of tree. Drop me a comment if you know!

And oh, we tried some Limoncello that evening, bought from the supermarket. It's a special produce from Southern Italy, but is sold all over Italy. Just had to try it... But both of us hated it, even after it was diluted with water. It's very strong, and not sweet as we expected of a drink made from lemons. The next evening, we bought some Sprite to go with it, and it tasted much better. Maybe that's how it's meant to be drank.

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

That's it for my second day in Rome.


No comments: