Saturday, May 2, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 6

April 27, spent walking around Brussels on a cloudy day. Brussels is very different from the Dutch cities I'd been to so far -- it feels more modern and high-rise buildings are everywhere. Wasn't a great day for photos again -- this time it's because I walked around with my backpack the whole day. Found a interesting drinking fountain along the way though:

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

It looked rather flat, but I thought some lighting may help make it a more interesting subject. Rita helped me hold my SB800 just above the fountain, to camera left. It's zoomed out to 105mm to make the light harder and more concentrated.

Much improved from the flat initial shot, but the background was quite lacking. No auto FP sync on my camera, unfortunately, so had to darken it in post-processing to make it less intrusive. Not a great shot, but at least it's something different.

Reached Venice that rainy night, and luckily managed to find our way to our lodgings because it was very close to the train station. The streets were a little flooded though!

No comments: