Saturday, May 23, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 22

May 13, from Positano to Capri. Another day on the move, and just like other similar days, I took it slow. Spent the better part of the morning just lounging around the hostel and chatting with the owner Christiana (hope I spelt it correctly!) and Ming Joo, another guest in the hostel. And I took some pictures of Christiana and her pet dogs:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Kiki (hope I spelt it correctly, once again), the little one, was due to have surgery that coming friday for a broken bone in her leg. Hope she is recovering well...

Capri is the most well-known among the three islands in the Gulf of Naples, and is a popular day-trip destination for many tourists who stay in Naples. The two main towns on the island are Capri and Anacapri. On my day of arrival, I decided to just walk around Anacapri town, where I was staying. And I stumbled upon a sports centre for the locals, and hung out around there watching some locals playing football for a couple of hours before heading back to my hotel for the night.

There were initially a bunch of teenagers playing:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then came the older lads, who were playing a best of three series of matches. The losing team will buy groceries and cook dinner for everyone, as one of the lads from the blue team, Luigi, explained to me. They didn't have the fastest feet but they sure passed and shot well!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

Shooting through the fence was tough though. Even though the 60mm focuses very fast, there were still plenty of misses. The match ended at 6-6. Good luck to Luigi and friends for the remainder of the series!

It was a great day for photos, even though I was really just bumming around the whole day...

No comments: