Friday, May 8, 2009

Grad Trip - Photo of the Day 7

April 28, spent strolling around Venice. It was a cloudy morning, which made most of the townscape shots rather bland. We started walking from our place through the main streets towards Piazza San Marco, where the main sights are. Took us a while to get there though, with distractions ranging from gelato to lunch to Venetian masks and also a couple of location shoots.

The sky did clear up towards the late afternoon, when we finally did reach Piazza San Marco. It's the first huge plaza I'd gone to in Europe thus far, and I was quite amazed. (But of course, I will come across many more plazas later on in my trip.)

And the day's photos was taken at... a plaza (I'll need to dig out the name) we passed by on our way back that evening. A boy drinking water at a drinking fountain.

Photobucket
© Lin Zhaowei, 2009.

But this day's photo of the day is not really a "best" photo of the day. Instead, it's the start of a series I will be working on during the trip -- life around the drinking fountain. I'd been cracking my brain to come up with assignments for the trip, so that I can take photos with a greater purpose in mind. I hope I manage to take enough interesting shots before the end of my trip to make this one a proper series.

This completes the first week of my trip!

Edit: After some thinking, I realised it's a little bizzare not to show a picture of Venice's waterways -- after all, it's what the place is known for! This one's possibly the best of the day:

Photobucket

2 comments:

Joan said...

Hey dear,
wow the sky is amazing. But the buildings are rather dilapidated.
Are all the buildings like this and did you travel in the gondelier ?

Unknown said...

hey! :)
the gondolas are expensive! you need to pay about 100 euros for one hour. maybe if we go next time... heh.